AVOID THESE COMMON MISTAKES WHEN STORING YOUR GOWNS
1. Don’t hang your wedding gown a long period of time. It may begin to stretch and sag.
2. Don’t seal your gown in a plastic bag. Plastic attracts moisture which promotes mildew and fabric rot.
3. Don’t expose your gown to strong light, open air, dirt, or sunlight.
4. Don’t keep your gown in the attic or basement where there are extreme changes in temperature and or humidity.
WE HAVE SPECIAL BOXES TO PRESERVE WEDDING GOWNS
KNIT WARE CARE
We want to remind you, that knitwear is different from a structured garment.
Knitwear streaches and distorts relatively easily
If they were to hang them for prolonged periods the weight of the sweater would cause it to streach.
IT DEMANDS A SPECIAL KIND OF CARE FROM BOTH OF US.
1. The right way to store your knits (even for short periods of time) is to gently fold them and put them away on a shelf.
2. Make sure the shelf or drawer is lined with no rough edges to create pulls or snags.
3. Put the heavier weight knits on the bottom, lighter weight on the top and NEVER stack them so high that the overall weight would put creases in the seaters on the bottom.